Thursday, February 19, 2015

REVIEW | KATE 01- BEST RED DRUGSTORE LIPSTICK FOR FAIR SKIN

On a never ending quest to find the perfect drugstore red lipstick for my peaches and cream skin (as my grandmother would say), I have finally found the one! Behold Rimmel Lasting finish by kate moss in 01. while this lipstick is not new and has been on the beauty bloggers top list since it came out, it just recently tried it and have been blown away by the formula and how great it looks on my fair skin. 
01 is a true, blue-toned bright red that really brightens my COMPLEXION 
(and teeth- bonus!). i've always read that those with warm-undertones should choose lipsticks that have a cool undertone (hince blue), since it is on the opposite side of the color wheel. Though i would classify my skin as more neutral, this color still does the trick. As for the cool-undertoned fair ladies out there, i think this color will still look great on you all!  

Enough of GLOATING ABOUT how great the color looks on me, how well does this lipstick perform? Firstly, it has a satin finish and is very creamy, which means it is fairly nourishing. While i love matte reds for their staying power, i do ULTIMATELY perfer satin finishes, because my lips are drier than the sahara desert. Though the CREAMINESS does mean there is transfer if you are not careful. Secondly, this lipstick is EXTREMELY pigmented. One swipe on the lips and you're done. Lastly, While it claims to be an 8-hour wear, those claims are extremely exaggerated. i maybe get a couple hours out of it until i have to touch up. though that typically does not bother me as it wear off fairly evenly. 
THE best part about this lipstick? it is a steal at about an average at $4.99 at your local drugstore! 

Love, Meagan 

2 comments:

  1. This colour really does look great on you! ☺
    I'm familiar with the struggle to find a red lipstick that matches my awfully pale skin :D


    http://la-fille-lumineuse.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You should definitely give this one a try!

      Delete